Thinking Out Loud

Man, by virtue of evolution, is programmed to learn by swapping tales around the campfire. Welcome to my fire.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Trees


My father is responsible for my love of trees. One of my earliest memories is of him in a willow tree. Going through the family slides my brother-in-law digitized I found the tree, although my dad was not in it since he was taking the picture.

Over the years we planted several trees together, and years later my son built a tree house in one of those same trees.


Think like a Tree
Soak up the sun
Affirm life's magic
Be graceful in the wind
Stand tall after a storm
Feel refreshed after it rains
Grow strong without notice
Be prepared for each season
Provide shelter to strangers
Hang tough through a cold spell
Emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
Be still long enough to hear your own leaves rustling.
Karen I. Shragg

Visit http://www.bigtreestudio.com/ for some beautiful live oak drawings by artist Yan Lee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Really nice to visit your blog and see that 40 years old tree.
Cheers,
Vajeng

5/10/2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home